Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas

I have to say, I really enjoy Christmas time for the giving of gifts and trying my hardest not to let anyone know what I am getting them. This year it is a lot different than last. I am making nearly all of my gifts that I am giving to family members! I wish I had started earlier. I have 23 more coasters to make, and they all take about an hour or two to crochet. Then I have around 6 or 7 pillows I am making with my sewing machine. *sigh* This is not going to be easy. And then yesterday Nathan asked me to make two more coasters for two of his online buddies. We have never met them before, but I am agreeing to make them. I have started on of them just to get it out of the way, but even after spending two hours on it, it is still only a little bigger in size than a half dollar!!!!!!! I hope to be able to get it done tonight. I don't know if I really want to make another one of that kind. It is a pattern I am making up as I go to fit the description of what Nathan wants. He wants me to make a blue round coaster with a gold boarder and a gold W embroidered in the center. "Sure, that will be easy!" I said to him last night as we were on our way to Wal-mart at 11:00 only to find out that they close at 10 and are not a 24 hour Wal-mart. Yesterday was not my best day, but it ended well enough. So today I am taking it easy, sitting back, relaxing, and crocheting while listening to albums of U2 that a friend gave to me on an MP3 formatted cd.

I have already bought a few gifts for those whom I don't know what I could make for them. I have a few family members whom are hard to come up with gift ideas to give to them. I am kinda glad Nathan has a small family compared to my side. On my side I have 14 people I getting gifts for. That's right, 14! And then add Nathan's side, and that is a total of 24. Getting ready for Christmas will never be the same. But then, I am going to enjoy seeing the looks on the faces of the gift receivers.

Well, enough of that, I need to get back to working on the coasters and then dinner around 7:00.

No comments: