Friday, November 21, 2008

How would you like your salt?

Last night, I made a crock pot roast beef for dinner. With it I made mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, and a side of mixed vegetables. Our all time favorite southern meal.
After Nathan blessed the meal, I grabbed a biscuit and was buttering it while Nathan was cutting his roast beef and salting it using our dove salt shaker. I started for the beef plate, when there, in the middle of the beef juice, was the dove shaker looking much like a duck in a pond. "Nathan!" I shrieked his name. We both stared at the salt shaker, like it just happened to land there, then we burst into uncontrollable laughter while Nathan wiped down and replaced the shaker to its stand. I would expect this out of my brother, with no surprise, but never Nathan! What was he thinking?

No comments: